Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Black-bellied Whistler's!

Carol Miller writes....

Last night I read on www.birdingonthe.net that two Black-bellied Whistling ducks had been spotted in NE Jefferson County. Wow! Something special almost on my doorstep! I had Mike drive me over this noon to check them out. Our first views from CR 257 showed a flock of Storks and a few Cattle Egrets, Snowies, and Ibis, but NO ducks. I was so disappointed. But as we were heading back, I had him let me out on CR 146 for a different view. Bin-go! I immediately spotted the pair and got excellent looks at both. In a few minutes, a couple friends dropped by for dinner. Check out the size of that turtle--he's as big as the ducks.



Black-bellied Whistling Ducks & Wood Stork




Wood Storks



Black-bellied Whistling Ducks

No comments: