Monday, February 9, 2009

Pileated Woodpecker

I read the blog today and I know what you mean about the birds eating a lot. Between all of the Finches, Sparrows, Titmice, Chickadees, Wrens, Robins and Cardinals, I go through a lot of feed but it’s worth it. I get home from a long day at work and there’s nothing like relaxing to all the songs from them and watching them go from feeder to feeder.

Sunday as I was sitting on my porch watching, I caught out of the corner of my eye to see this beautiful Woodpecker. I grab my camera and tried to get as close as I could to get a photo. Stepping on all the leave in my yard and making noise, I could only get about 20 feet from her and she’d fly away. But at least I got one. I also got one of a Robin chilling in a tree.

Kim Chason


Pileated Woodpecker

American Robin

No comments: